Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Before Sunrise, Before Sunset


I can't even express what these beautiful films made me feel. I think I fell in love, was ripped apart, and then put back together over and over again. Ethan Hawke is the sexiest thing ever in Before Sunrise, and absolutely endearing (and still handsome) in Before Sunset. Julie Delpy is also amazing; she says so many things about women and relationships that could have come from my head.



Sometimes I busy myself with other things while watching TV, but with both these movies, I was RIVETED to the screen. They are almost like plays rather than films, with the focus on amazing and heartbreaking dialogue. I'm not really into Romance movies, but Before Sunrise and Before Sunset manage to be both sentimental and real. There is no perfect happy ending here, but you still feel that you have witnessed an epic romance.


These films just may have changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment